Josh e la stampa, interviste ed interventi

« Older   Newer »
Kaory82
view post Posted on 17/6/2008, 19:52

Ho trovato una trascrizione dell'intervista...^_^

Alla persona che l'ha trascritta mille grazie!!! :D

Page 1:
Life & Home
"I love that my music is popular. But what I prefer to say is, 'So you think you know me? Well, here's a little more.'"
Josh Groban, relaxing at his grandmother's piano (The one he learned to play on!) now in his Malibu dream house

Page 3:
At home with Josh Groban
The boy baritone has grown up and created a Malibu compound where he can hang with friends. And he had a voice in all the details

Step Up
The three-story house opens to new Oklahoma limestone patios, fountains and lush lawns behind

Page 4:
"People get the impression", Josh Groban says, "that I'm way too serious to have fun." The curly-haired singer emphatically bounces a tennis ball on the court of his two-acre Malibu spread, then adds, "But that's not true. Beyond the dramatic kind of music I sing and the serious image of me on billboards, I'm really just a normal guy."
As if he had to explain the obvious. All afternoon the 27-year-old recording star has been dashing around his breezy hillside compound with so much unflagging enthusiasm - sailing a toy boat in his pool, snatching Popsicles from his freezer, jamming on the restored piano he has played on since he was 3 - that even his high-energy Wheaten Terrier is panting to keep up.
"Here you go buddy!" calls Groban, firing the tennis ball to Sweeney, who is not your typical pet. Certified as a service dog like those that assist the handicapped, he is trained to handle the rigors of concert tours: He can accompany his master in public places, such as hotels and cafés. The dog scrambles to return the ball. "Way to go, Sween -" the singer yells. "What a superstar!"
Groban knows a bit about superstars. While still a student at L.A. County Highschool for the Arts, he was asked to fill in for Andrea Bocelli during a Grammy Awards rehearsal, duetting with none other than Céline Dion on "The Prayer". In the 10 years since, he has sold more than 20 million albums. A recent Christmas collection, Noel, became the bestselling album of 2007 and broke a 50-year-old sales record - held by Elvis Presley. And his latest CD/DVD Awake Live, hit stores in May.
But here in Malibu, he's happy to enjoy downtime in his first full-fledged house, where his neighbors include those famous bachelors Kid Rock and David Spade (Groban split with Mad Men's January Jones in 2006). And if his own cool quotient has gone up lately, it's party due to a crafty appearance beside Brad Pitt, Cameron Diaz and Ben Affleck in a ribald video by late-night host Jimmy Kimmel that displayed Groban's funny side.
One thing Groban remains serious about, though, is tennis. After living in a Beverly Hills condo for five years, he wanted a larger home with his own court. "When I first saw this place two years ago," he says, "my reaction was, 'It's like being on an instant vacation - I'll take it.'"

Living Large
"Josh wanted a place that felt like a retreat but was very guylike," says his mom, interior designer Lindy Groban. above, the living room blends formal (stone floor and mantel) with casual (sea-grass-rug). Right, the singer plays on a century-old upright, once his grandmother's, among the treasures in his office.

Page 5:
"I don't use the whole house, when I'm here alone. then it becomes a place of reflection."

Pool Room
Groban bought this collage by David Mach in London for the guest room that opend to the pool (Thus, the blue walls).

Travels with Sweeney
Named for Sweeney Todd, Groban's privileged pooch, 2, has his own favorite hot spots, haunts and hotels.

>City "What could be better than Manhattan?" says Groban. "The parks, the horses, the people. Sweeney goes especially crazy at Chelsea Waterside Park. It has tunnels, hills and rocks. There's a tree trunk he can climb across, go up and mound, and he's king of the world."
> Hotel "The Ritz - Carlton San Francisco takes the cake. They had two bowl of treats ready and a giant dog bed. Sweeney jumped on it and was like, Mine! They had a gourmet dog menu with fresh chicken and rice dishes. I thought, am I really going to pay $30 for room service for my dog? Then I said, 'You know what? It's not like a cat with nine lives.' So yes, he was spoiled.
> Road Trip "We took a drive to Carmel [Calif.] and Sweeney loved the beaches and the water. We found a bench and just sat and looked out at the Pacific Ocewan. It's the most beautiful place in the world.

Page 6:
"It felt natural to create a home where I could enjoy spending time with the people I love making music."

1: Groban entertains friends beside his patio fireplace 2: Music and concert memorabilies on his office desk 3: This dark-wood study becomes a screening room with surround sound 4: "The house can be a little neat for my taste," he says. His remedy? A busy Jean-Michel Basquiat print. 5: Sweeney curls up on Groban's four-poster Ralph Lauren bed. 6: Grobans life is a balancing act - even on the court.

Page 7:
Of course, his second thought was, Let's lose the pink paint job. Set amid giant eucalyptus, the multilevel villa had been transformed into a seventies-era ersatz castle. "There was a Neptune statue rising from the pool with a nest of moss growing on his head," Groban says. "And I thought I had hair problems."
To undo the damage, Groban enlisted the help from his mother, Lindy, an interior designer. They took their style cue from the oversize Mexican front doors: "We realized the house had a more rustic feel," he says. So they stripped the faux frescoes off the ceilings and opted for earth tones. With landscaper Alan Bernstein cultivating the parklike grounds, they terraced the lawn, re-designed the pool, and created an outdoor oasis complete with waterfalls spilling down stacked Oklahoma-limestone walls.
As Sweeney leads the charge, Groban shows off an elaborate barbecue area (I make a mean turkey burger", he says), an elegant outdoor fireplace, and patio furniture from Smith & Hawken. Plunking down poolside in a circular chair with a white canopy, he says this sophisticated fun zone was inspired by visits to luxury hotels such as the Four Seasons Punta Mita in Mexico. The overall result: "I call this Malibu Contemporary."
Which is fitting, since Malibu is practically part of Groban's DNA. He lived there with his parents until he was 4 and his brother, Christopher, was born; then his father, Jack, an executive recruiter, moved them to L.A.'s Hancock Park area. But a few years after his backstage "début" at the Grammys, Groban recorded his first albums in the studio of Malibu-based music producer David Foster, became reacquainted with the laid-back community, and was drawn to its simple beauty.
That doesn't mean Groban wanted to live in a surf shack (though this place does come with a key to a private beach). His walls are gallery-chic with prints by Salvador Dali and Joan Miró; his wood-paneled media room, where he holds movie nights for friends, is state of the art - as is his gym. And he has hosted a few parties where guests have flowed naturally from pool to patio to living room and lower lawn. Home-alone time is another story, though. He prefers to hole up in his room with a book. But he says, "I bought this house with the idea that I'd grow into it."
Groban sounds a bit philosophical now, and he knows it. "Hey, want to see something cool?" he says suddenly. Whistling for Sweeney, he heads out to his bedroom balcony as the afternoon sun dips behind the woods. "I want to install a zip-line from my bedroom to a tree house I'll build out there," he says. "I'd be living out every boys dream!" Serious or not, he already is.

jiujiu
view post Posted on 17/6/2008, 21:34

grazie per questo articolo! lo tradurrò al più presto! :)

sissicat
view post Posted on 22/6/2008, 20:33

CITAZIONE
Josh Groban is not a Tool

vedo che avete messo anche la tantooooo discussa intervista :ph34r: che sui forum di FOJG e YUKU ha causato un polverone :lol:

grande Jiu che l'hai pure tradotta! :bravo:

per quanto riguarda l'articolo sulla casa di Josh (grazie Dani!),l'ho già detto in tag tempo fa,è davero una bella "casetta" :P ,mi piace molto anche come è arredata con colori terra.....credo che mi ci potrei ambientare proprio bene,si si :lol:

avrei tanto voluto vedere la piscina.....(e la "toy boat" :D)

jiujiu
view post Posted on 22/9/2008, 13:27

da La Times

Emmy High Notables

Josh Groban

Over the course of his nine years in the spotlight, singer-songwriter Josh Groban has had more than a few evocative descriptors attached to his name: "popera" singer, balladeer, multi-platinum selling international superstar, total cheeseball. But "mash-up artist" was not on that list until tonight when Groban ran through an impressive medley of some 27 theme songs from classic TV shows. More affecting still, he managed to pump a degree of genre authenticity into each tune. Groban's take on "The Jeffersons" was all soaring gospel, he rapped his way through the hip-hop opening of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," sounded authentically lounge lizard-y covering "The Love Boat" and even summoned a little Jamaican mojo to belt out Inner Circle's reggae anthem "Bad Boys," the theme for "Cops." And while it was impressive in range, well, that "cheeseball" title has returned.

sintetizzando : nel corso della sua carriera ormai quasi decennale, a josh sono stati affidati molti nomi e genere, ma ieri sera durante la cerimonia degli emmy si è guadagnato il titolo di mash-up artist ( mash= miscelare :P ) cantando spezzoni di ben 27 sigle di telefilm. La cosa più sorprendente è come sia riuscito a eseguire ognuna con lo stile appartenente al genere di ogni canzone.
La sua versione della sigla dei Jefferson è stato uno splendido gospel, si è esibito in versione rap per la sigla di " The fresh prince of bel air" suonando poi autenticamente lounge ( qui parla di una lucertola oziosa, ammetto di sapere cosa intende ma di non saperlo tradurre NdT) durante " The love boat" e ha richiamato un piccolo mojo giamaicano per cantare l'inno reggae degli Inner Circle " Bad Boy", sigla di " Cops". E per quanto il tutto sia stato spettacolare, il titolo di cheeseball è tornato. ( mi sa che intende il suo essere goffo, ndt)

:)

yunaleska
view post Posted on 22/9/2008, 13:30

Perchè goffo? Povero caro... image

jiujiu
view post Posted on 22/9/2008, 13:34

cheeseball: it's used to describe someone who says things or behaves in silly, goofy or corny ways repeatedly ( ma in questo articolo non credo sia stato detto con cattiveria, anzi)

:-)_anto
view post Posted on 22/9/2008, 13:41

Più che goffo credo sia un modo di dire per definire una persona che fa o dice cose buffe.

Invece lounge lizard-y non riesco a capire cosa sia, QUI descrivono il modo di dire, ma non so in questo caso cosa si intenda con questa espressione.

sissicat
view post Posted on 22/9/2008, 19:04

da come la so io "cheeseball" viene usato spesso per definire qualcosa o qualcuno di "sdolcinato","mieloso" :)

ho sentito varie volte Josh riferirlo a sè stesso per dire che ama le canzoni romantiche,dolci e la musica classicheggiante,insomma quella che di solito canta lui....però non so a che cosa si riferiva colui che ha scritto l'articolo :unsure:,perchè non c'era niente di melenso nella performance in questione,a parte forse un paio di songs....

comunque "goffo" non credo nemmeno io,ne ha fatta di strada il nostro Joshino dai tempi di (((Malcolm))) ;)

la performance di Josh sta ricevendo un mucchio di buone recensioni da parte della stampa americana :bravo:

Edited by sissicat - 22/9/2008, 21:03

yunaleska
view post Posted on 22/9/2008, 20:53

A quanto ho visto un pò in giro anche chi non lo ama ne parla bene...MITICO JOSH!! image image

view post Posted on 22/9/2008, 22:43

Beh! Io che non me ne intendo di musica dico che se qualcuno ne parla male o ci capisce meno di me o è invidioso. Dev'essere di una difficoltà pazzesca quello che ha fatto ieri Josh, soprattutto con quel ritmo.

view post Posted on 29/12/2008, 13:24

Group:

wooow! grazie a tutti per scan, interviste e insomma... tutto il materiale!! me lo sono proprio goduto!!

fedy
view post Posted on 16/8/2010, 13:06

Oh, una bella intervista culinaria ci mancava :rolleyes:

Ecco qui il link

www.bonappetit.com/magazine/2010/09/josh_groban

Ma la posto anche qua sotto , non si sa mai...

The pop singer has toured the world performing for packed stadiums, has sold more than 23 million albums, played a guest role on Fox TV's hit Glee, and holds the record for best-selling holiday album (his 2007 recording Noël beat the record previously held by Elvis Presley). He's currently in the studio working on a new album (due out this fall) with legendary producer Rick Rubin. We checked in with the laid-back, food-loving baritone to find out how he keeps his creativity fueled.

Do you eat before performing?
Being a food lover on the road can sometimes be a real pain. On a show day I have to be really careful and boring. From the moment I wake up to the moment I get onstage, I'm drinking apple juice. Don't ask me why; it's just so cold and delicious! Other than that, I eat anything with protein—like sliced turkey or edamame. After a show, I almost always have a craving for barbecue. And apple juice.

You've been all over the world. Where's the best place to dine?
I love eating in Paris. I'm a big cheese fan, so I go a little nuts when I'm there. I look forward to eating in New York the most. Every taste imaginable is packed into little hole-in-the-wall hideouts. The hunting and discovering are half the fun. Lastly are the breakfasts in Norway. I'm half Norwegian, so I think pickled herring at 9:00 a.m. is in my blood . Don't hate.
:blink: :wacko:

Tell us your idea of the ultimate romantic meal.
It's the one where the lighting is awesome, the music is perfect, this incredible plate shows up in front of you, and Oh my God, where did my appetite go?

Do you have any favorite restaurants?
Anyone can find a great place to get a lavish meal at a reasonable time with friends. But where can I go to chill out alone with my thoughts late at night and still get something super-healthy? An old standby for me is Kate Mantilini in Los Angeles. Without fail I get a grilled artichoke and the Life Rice, which is brown rice, tons of steamed veggies, and scrambled egg whites with salsa. It's insanely good after a long day in the studio.

What do you eat that you know you shouldn't?
The Monte Cristo sandwich at the Blue Bayou restaurant at Disneyland.
Aggiungo foto

This isn't just a "me" thing. No one should eat this. It should be written into the new health bill . Good Lord, it's delicious.
What's a meal you'll never forget?
My most memorable meal was probably at Joël Robuchon at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. My brother and I went there to have one of those "oh to hell with it" dinners. This place is over the top. Everything from the lady whose sole purpose was to man a wooden cart with 25 types of bread to the chocolate dessert garnished with Pop Rocks. It has to be the most lavish place I've ever eaten at, and totally worth spending my winnings on.

What would people be surprised to find in your kitchen?
A knife collection that does not match my knife ability.

What did you have for dinner tonight?
Pit-roasted wild boar with a pear reduction demi-glace, grilled sunchokes with garlic and kale, black truffle-infused potatoes gratin, a glass of 2002 Pétrus, and a banana-chocolate soufflé topped with cherry foam for dessert... Fine, it was tomato soup.
:lol:

What's the perfect snack?
I love dried fruit, especially dried mango. I don't like the super-sugary kind, though. I'm into the organic, nothing-added, boot-leather stuff. It makes me work for it, and I respect that.

Do you have a go-to recipe that you like to make at home?
Absolutely. Got a minute? Grab a pen. Campbell's tomato soup.

What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten?
Probably the most head-scratching thing I've ever ingested is lutefisk. It's a kind of whitefish soaked in lye and water for a few days. It's very pungent, jelly-like, and probably completely void of any nutritional value. But it's a [Norwegian] national treasure and goes down best with any drink 100 proof or above.

Credo si stesse riferendo al pesce che gli hanno fatto mangiare durante questa divertentissima intervista :D

What food always reminds you of home?
Probably a good chili. My mom makes an amazing chili. It's full of ground beef and chunks of tomato and whole pinto beans, but the broth is really thin and soup-like. Whenever I'm traveling overseas for a long period of time, I get cravings for it.

view post Posted on 16/8/2010, 16:31

Grazie Fedy, carina l'intervista e fantastico il video, non lo avevo mai visto.

Caro Josh, dovresti venire più spesso in Italia, non sai che ti perdi. E poi la cucina francese... il cibo è l'unica cosa che ho detestato di Parigi.

fedy
view post Posted on 17/8/2010, 11:33

CITAZIONE
Grazie Fedy, carina l'intervista e fantastico il video, non lo avevo mai visto.

Divertente vero?! ^_^ E' senza alcun dubbio una delle interviste che preferisco! Si piazza subito dopo quella di Paul O'Grady e prima dell'ospitata al Jimmy Kimmel Show .
Adoro l'espressione che fa dopo aver assaggiato il lutefisk :lol:

CITAZIONE
E poi la cucina francese... il cibo è l'unica cosa che ho detestato di Parigi.

Concordo in TOTO. Amo Parigi , è senz'altro una delle città di cui sento più spesso la mancanza, ma posso candidamente affermare anch'io che il cibo è PESSIMO!! :ph34r:

Hai ragione Anto, Josh dovrebbe veramente venire qui più spesso per gustare tutte le specialità gastronomiche che la nostra bella terra ha da offrire...solo non vorrei che a forza di carbonare , amatriciane, maritozzi , formaggi e vini nostrani, raggiungesse la stazza di Bublè -_-

marypala
view post Posted on 18/8/2010, 19:36

ma quel video di when you say you love me io non l'ho mai visto...

38 replies since 22/10/2007, 15:32   1510 views